Friday, December 2, 2011

Call me Teach

When a door closes, a window opens....My one and only interview after applying to any and all (which wasn't much) chem teacher job ads was with Poway Unified School District for an opening at Del Norte High School.  I didn't get the job and as school district after school district started the 2011-2012 school year I knew that I probably wasn't going to find a teaching position.  I rationalized that I could use the break which was SO true but I was becoming depressed at the thought of being jobless for another year.  The window opens...a message on my cell phone tells me about a part-time position at Poway HS.  Someone at Del Norte liked me so much that they forwarded my name to Poway HS for a part-time chemistry position.  Before the offer was made the principle was worried I would leave the part-time position to take a full time position.  Well, Poway Unified is one of the last schools to hire--the chances of that happening were slim.  The only other job I would take would be for a position at the Escondido Union High School District so that my kids and I would be on the same school schedule.  That wasn't going to happen because the district already started school.  One week before school started, I was hired as Mrs. Weinhouse, Science Teacher, Poway High School. 

Another journey begins.....becoming Mrs. Weinhouse, Chemistry Teacher...

No comments:

Post a Comment