Monday, June 14, 2010

I have a Dream...

I have a dream as a Chemistry Teacher. To enable my students to learn about themselves and life as part of learning about chemistry. I have a dream to start them on their digital portfolio to document their contributions to education and society. I have a dream to excite students to learn that chemistry is not about learning about molecules and bonds but about their quest to answering why the universe behaves the way it does. I have a dream to inspire tomorrow's scientist and giving them the desire to curing tomorrow's diseases, discovering new energy sources, and innovating tomorrow's technologies. I have a dream that my students will begin to master today's technologies and understand our world's problems for they will need this knowledge to build tomorrow. I have this dream and wonder if I am naiive... Do other teachers, administrators, state's leaders and our nation's leaders have this same dream?

No comments:

Post a Comment